Prior to enrolment:
• Families will be given a tour of the centre and an overview of the operations of the centre including staffing and the children’s programs.
• Families will be given Enrolment Forms to fill out (also available in languages other than English), a copy of the Centre’s Privacy Statement and a copy of the Centre Family Handbook.
• Families will be advised of the procedures to contact the Family Assistance Office to gain a Customer Reference Number to access Child Care Benefit.
• Families are required to pay a deposit to secure your enrolment. This is taken off your fees once you have commenced at the centre
In accordance with the DET guidelines, places are offered to families in the following order of priority:
• First Priority: A child at risk of serious abuse or neglect.
• Second Priority: A child of a single parent who satisfies, or of parents who both satisfy, the work/training/study test under Section 14 of the ‘A New Tax System (Family Assistance) Act 1999’.
• Third Priority: Any other child.
Within this we will also give preference to new and returning families, families with a 4 year old child who does not already have a four year old kindergarten place, and inline with DEEWR guidelines the following:
• Children in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families.
• Children in families which include a disabled person.
• Children in families from a non-English speaking background.
• Children in socially isolated families.
• Children of single parents.
• Children in families which include an individual whose adjusted taxable income does not exceed the lower income threshold of $39 785 for 2011-2012, or who or whose partner are on income support.
Barry Beckett is part of the Moreland City Council’s Central Enrolment Waitlist. Parents will need to fill in a form, which you can apply for online.
In consultation with families the staff team are happy to develop an individualized orientation process for your family. This enables opportunities to develop positive trusting relationships when starting at the Centre. We recommend a minimum of 2 sessions for your child to settle into our centre.